On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:25:40 +0000 (UTC) James
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| I cannot seem to find  detailed document/manual on using bash robustly
| in a programming environment. Maybe I need to purchase a good book?

Mostly you need to familiarise yourself with 'man bash'. There's the
"Advanced Bash Scripting Guide", but it's neither advanced nor
particularly good. The devmanual [1] has a fair bit of related
information, but it mostly focuses upon the ebuild environment.

[1]: http://dev.gentoo.org/~plasmaroo/devmanual/

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm