On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 12:22:32PM -0500, Dale wrote:
> >>using either.  I clicked on the link to download and the window
> >>popped up to ask me whether to open it or save it.  I selected to
> >>save it as I have done countless times before.  As soon as I clicked
> >>that, the window popped up asking where to save it to then kernel
> >>panic.  This was in Seamonkey.
> So, when Seamonkey or Firefox try to download something, besides the
> web pages itself, I get a kernel panic.  Is this weird or what?

BTW, as any other browser (well, new enough..), firefox starts
downloading as soon as you click on a link (ie, it dowloads it while you
are choosing where to save it, so that by the time you choose the
dir/filename, smaller files are allready downloaded ;).
You can easilly see this if you have some kind of network traffic monitoring
widget/applet/app...
I guess it starts to download it to a temp file, than moves it to the
file you choose (never looked into it)... so the problem would be most
likely in that operation..

yoyo