Todd Goodman wrote:
* Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>  [110725 14:43]:
Todd Goodman wrote:
Dale (and whoever else was having problems with Firefox and X hangs,)

I don't know if you've seen it but:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2011/7/24/54

looks like a thread that might be applicable?

Todd

That does look interesting.  I had a few times where mine would just
hang and I could use the SysReq keys but most of the time it just plain
paniced.
Yes, I remember that.  But depending on your kernel config you could be
getting a "panic" based on settings (I believe.)

That is true. I think .39 was the one that always paniced. It seems the later .38 wold sometimes give me a change to use the SysReq keys. It' shard to recall now. :/

I'm not subscribed so if you see something interesting, let me know.  I
wish I could let them know it also causes kernel panics as well.  I
suspect tho that whatever fix they come up with, it will fix it all.  I
may go back to a older kernel too. lol  That may work for a temp fix
anyway.
I'll let you know if I see anything that looks related.  It would be
interesting if going back to 2.6.38 is a temp fix for you.  I know you'd
tried older kernels before but...

As someone else mentioned, you can certainly report it.  However, it
would be very helpful if you can get the panic information.  I know it's
difficult with X hanging and needing X to reproduce the problem but
SSHing to the machine and/or a netconsole might allow something to be
seen.  And the panic information would likely be quite illuminating.

I'm not subscribed there and that is a very high traffic list. I did take a look at the option of subscribing tho. I also tried to ssh into my rig from my old rig, it refused. It couldn't even find my box. It worked fine after I rebooted tho.

Thanks very much for the link.  At least it is not just me and they know
about it now.
Yes, though hearing from more than one person with the issue might help
get it solved quicker.  There may be similarities between your machines
that point he finger at a certain area...

Todd

Dale

:-)  :-)

Yea, having more info would be helpful but it appears that more than I have has already been given. I may see if I can email someone directly or something. Maybe that will work, if I don't go to spam or something.

Is this related to a specific nic driver? I wasn't able to really tell much from all the error messages they posted. I still haven't tried a different nic. I sort of been busy.

Dale

:-)  :-)