On 01/-10/37 11:59, Michael Orlitzky wrote:

> I think this one should have worked? It seems to have found the
> superblock on /dev/sda, at least.
>
> Anyway, I imagine everyone (myself included) is afraid to tell you to do
> anything at this point that might trash your data. My advice now would
> be to put it back where it worked, and make a backup.

I'm just going through this myself. As far as I know mdadm does *not*
support nvraid. It does support imsm, or intel raid, which I'm in the
process of setting up on my workstation.

I can't find anything in the docs regarding mdadm working with nvraid,
you should be trying dmraid for that.

If all you have is /dev/control and you are not using a dmraid supported
kernel (genkernel requires dodmraid to find and assemble arrays) then
execute `dmraid -ay` and check dmesg and /dev/mapper for contents.

Dan