Mick wrote:
On Friday 29 Jul 2011 13:07:35 YoYo Siska wrote:

Here is mine:
      Wed May 25 10:07:18 2011>>>  app-office/libreoffice-3.3.2

        merge time: 34 minutes and 10 seconds.

On my Intel Core i7 920 with 12GB of RAM using tmpfs. :)

Do those merge times include download time? I wonder...
BTW, I was emerging libreoofice yesterday, and it took ~3.5 hours,
although OOo usually took ~1 hour. It seemed as if it wasn't doing
anything paralell, so I blamed my MAKEOPTS="-j -l4" (to which I changed
some time ago, but all the OOo compiles were before that). I just tried
today again with MAKEOPTS=-j4 and it took only ~1 hour ;).
Guess dmake doesn't know the --load-average stuff ;)
Hmm, OOo has failed many a time here with -j9.  So now I always emerge it with
-j1.

I been emerging with -j5 for ages. I haven't had any problems with that before. I have read about others having it but just not me. That is the weird part.

Dale

:-)  :-)