Hi all,

I use a USB key to transfer files between my printer/scanner and my
computer. This all works fine except that I am unable to delete empty
directories on the USB key.

The following applies to both user 'hilco' and 'root'!

centaur usb # mount
<snip/>
/dev/sdc1 on /mnt/usb type vfat (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,user=hilco)
centaur usb # find .
.
./APR-13-2011
<snip/>
./AUG-05-2011
centaur usb # rm -rf *
rm: cannot remove `APR-13-2011': Directory not empty
<snip/>
rm: cannot remove `AUG-05-2011': Directory not empty
centaur usb # mkdir xyz
centaur usb # rmdir xyz

(I should note that any files in the MMM-DD-YYYY directories *are* removed.)

I could reformat the USB key of course but I would prefer to be able
to simply delete old directories.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Cheers,
Hilco