On 08/09/2011 08:34 PM, Jeff Cranmer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade kde from 4.4 to 4.6, and I've run into a problem.
>
> Plasma-runtime-4.6.3 is failing.  The error appears to be
> redefinition of 'struct QMetaTypeID<Plasma::Service*>'

I don't use kde so I can't be specific, but usually a redefinition is
just a warning -- unless the package is compiled with the -Wall flag or
equivalent.

Do you see lots of other redefinition warnings before the build stops?
If so, you may be overlooking the real error message which may appear
dozens of lines earlier

Often I find the real error message embedded in a long list of harmless
warnings, especially if I'm compiling with -j2 or higher.  ("Waiting for
unfinished jobs" is a good clue that the error occurred much earlier in
the build.)