110820 Philip Webb wrote:
> I've run into a strange problem updating my netbook.
> I merged  glib-2.28.8  successfully as part of a Revdep-Rebuild job,
> it being a dep for one of the pkgs in the R-R list.
> However after that, merging  gtk+-2.24.4  librsvg-2.34.0  libglade-2.6.4
> all failed with a libtool error : "libtool: link: /usr/lib/libgio-2.0.0.la
> is not a valid libtool archive" or ditto for  libgobject ;
> indeed, those files do not exist in the netbook,
> but in my already updated desktop machine,  glib  did create them.

After I updated  gcc  libtool , the other pkgs merged with no problem.
Dale's reply contained a hint : .la files have been dropped,
so the latest  libtool  doesn't look for them presumably;
it still leaves the puzzle why they're present in the desktop machine.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca