On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 08:03:02 -0400, Michael Mol wrote:

> Any preferred SIP softphone on Gentoo? I've used Ekiga on Windows and
> Ubuntu, and it's only moderately painful there, but it's very, very,
> very old on Gentoo.

Ekiga 3.2.7 is the latest on their web site and it has been in portage
for just over a year, according to the Changelog. The Changelog hasn't
been updated since March, so a stabilisation request would seem to be in
order.

> If there are no good options, I'll stick with the SIP client on my
> android phone, for now. (hardphone isn't an option)

I prefer to use sipdroid than be tied to my computer during a call.

--
Neil Bothwick

I have a mind like a steel...uh...thingamajig...