Mark Knecht wrote:
Hi all,
    Can someone point me toward somehow enabling CONFIG_IOMMU_SUPPORT?
It is apparently a kernel config option no required by
virtualbox-drivers but I'm not finding it in the 3.0.3 kernel. I
suspect there's something else I need to enable before this option
becomes available? Unfortunately I haven't been able to Google what I
need to do to find it.

Thanks,
Mark

* Messages for package app-emulation/virtualbox-modules-4.1.2:

  *   CONFIG_IOMMU_SUPPORT:       is not set when it should be.
  * Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.
  * Failure to do so may cause unexpected problems.
<SNIP>

k2 linux # cat .config | grep IOMMU
CONFIG_GART_IOMMU=y
# CONFIG_CALGARY_IOMMU is not set
CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU=y
# CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU_STATS is not set
CONFIG_IOMMU_HELPER=y
CONFIG_IOMMU_API=y
# CONFIG_IOMMU_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_IOMMU_STRESS is not set
k2 linux #

There are a few of them in different places. I'm not sure which one it claims to need as none seems to match the name exactly. Here is a way to search tho. When you type in make menuconfig and it comes up, hit the / key. That would the the question mark WITHOUT pressing the shift key. Type in IOMMU and hit return. From there you can scroll though with the arrow keys to find out which one you think fits.

This si my results:

root@fireball /usr/src/linux-3.0.3-gentoo # cat .config | grep IOMMU
CONFIG_GART_IOMMU=y
# CONFIG_CALGARY_IOMMU is not set
CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU=y
# CONFIG_AMD_IOMMU_STATS is not set
CONFIG_IOMMU_HELPER=y
CONFIG_IOMMU_API=y
# CONFIG_IOMMU_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_IOMMU_STRESS is not set
root@fireball

Yours looks the same as mine so not sure what to suggest other then the search above. Maybe you are Intel based where I am AMD based?

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-)  :-)