I'm having problems with the KVM that I have and switching back and
forth between machines when in X.  I've checked on the forums and all
the solutions are based on devfs or on a ps2 device.

I have no problems switching the machines back and forth with the
keyboard, but when coming back into X, the mouse will not work at all.
 The simple fix is to just switch out of X (ctrl-alt-whatever) and
then switch back into X.  This isn't a bad thing, just cumbersome,
would be nice to just have it work.  Am I missing a X configuration
setting? or anything.

XConfig right now uses /dev/usbmouse  because of the following udev rule:

KERNEL="mouse*",        NAME="input/%k", MODE="0644", SYMLINK="usbmouse"

Thanks in advance,

Robert