Some additional information: the `-ab' and `-b' options seems to be
broken on my machine, since they accepts any argument, even those which
will cause error in the case of Ubuntu, for example `@@' or so.

Nevertheless, the option parsing is not completely broken, because an
unknown option ffmpeg will directly trigger a error in ffmpeg on my
machine, but `-ab' and `-b' (as expected) do not.

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 03:09:13PM +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> When running ffmpeg, it says:
> "This program is not developed anymore and is only provided for
> compatibility. Use avconv instead (see Changelog for the list of
> incompatible changes)."

Forgot to mention, but avconv suffers from the same problem...

> So try with avconv instead.  But for MP3, you should probably be using
> LAME with a VBR quality setting instead.

In fact I don't quite know what you mean in this sentence :|

--
    Using GPG/PGP? Please get my current public key (ID: 0xAEF6A134,
valid from 2010 to 2013) from a key server.