On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 13:57:03 -0400, Allan Gottlieb wrote:

> When revdep-rebuild --library is suggested should we run it
> before or after the ordinary revdep-rebuild that we typically
> run after each update world?
> (That was actually my original question :-)

You should run it first, because the elog message is telling you to run
that command, not revdep-rebuild, which is usually unnecessary. The
reason revdep-rebuild alone finds nothing to rebuild is because portage
has ensured that nothing is broken by preserving the old library version.

With a recent enough portage, emerge @preserved-rebuild should avoid the
need for revdep-rebuild entirely, although in this case it doesn't quite
manage that.

--
Neil Bothwick

WinErr 004: Erroneous error - Nothing is wrong