On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:16:56 -0400
Matthew Finkel <matthew.fin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand why you would think the OP is a spammer, but the topic
> just seems too genuine (to me at least) for this to actually be spam.
> It definitely would have been more polite if Lavender had replied to
> the other suggestions, but (assuming the thread is not spam) you
> don't know what is going on in their life and it may take a few days
> to respond. Just because the person is from China, doesn't mean we
> should assume they're a spammer (following Alan's last reply).

Dealing with foreign users can be interesting, triply so if they are
not European/Caucasian.

I have about 150 or so technical users throughout Africa (Nigerians are
especially interesting) and their Support requests routinely end up in
spam folders. These are ISP employees, you'd think the mail lines would
work smoothly.

Ah, not so. Until you work with foreign cultures you won't believe the
many varied ways communication can veer off course. In some cultures
it's considered rude for a junior to respond in any way to a senior
(replies have to go through intermediaries).

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com