Hello,

> "svn: E155036: Please see the 'svn upgrade' command
>  svn: E155036: Working copy .... is too old."
>
> Should I downgrade subversion or just waiting till the particular
> layman repositorys' format will be upgraded?

The problem is with your working copy, not with the repository.

Subversion 1.7 uses a new format for storing metadata in working copies
which is not compatible with the one used up to 1.6.

You can upgrade to the new format with

$ svn upgrade /var/lib/layman/<overlay name>

Be warned, though, that there is no way to convert back to the old
format -- if you decide to downgrade subversion later on you will need
to delete the overlay and check it out again.

andrea