Am 15.10.2011 13:57, schrieb Jonas de Buhr:
> Am Sat, 15 Oct 2011 00:54:48 -0700
> schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés <can...@gmail.com>:
>
>> On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 12:49 AM, Alain Didierjean
>> <alain.didierj...@free.fr> wrote:
>>> * Messages for package sys-fs/udisks-1.0.4-r1:
>>>
>>> *   CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND:         is not set when it should be.
>>>
>>> As the message above from emerge says, no way to update
>>> sys-fs/udisks as CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND is not set. The problem is
>>> where to find that option. Not in linux/.config, so where ?
> i think it only shows up there if it is already set. AFAIK the
> kernel options are defined in the various Kconfig files spread
> throughout the source tree. in this case
>
> drivers/usb/core/Kconfig
>
> when searching for an option you can do
>
> find /usr/src/linux/ -name Kconfig \
> -exec grep USB_SUSPEND {} /dev/null \;
>
> which gives you two hits:
>
> /usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/core/Kconfig:config USB_SUSPEND
> /usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/core/Kconfig:      depends on USB_SUSPEND
>
> and
>
> grep -A 20 'config USB_SUSPEND' /usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/core/Kconfig
>
> giving you description and help:
>
> config USB_SUSPEND
>       bool "USB runtime power management (autosuspend) and wakeup"
>       depends on USB && PM_RUNTIME
>       help
>         If you say Y here, you can use driver calls or the sysfs
>         "power/control" file to enable or disable autosuspend for
>         individual USB peripherals (see
>         Documentation/usb/power-management.txt for more details).
>
>         Also, USB "remote wakeup" signaling is supported, whereby some
>         USB devices (like keyboards and network adapters) can wake up
>         their parent hub.  That wakeup cascades up the USB tree, and
>         could wake the system from states like suspend-to-RAM.
>
>         If you are unsure about this, say N here.
>

>> Cool tip for the future: Go to /usr/src/linux, type "make menuconfig".
>> Then type "/" (slash). Then type SUSPEND and ENTER. It will show you
>> all the kernel options with SUSPEND on them.
> or this, of course ;)
This is my preferred way of searching the config. Note that you can't
select "USB runtime and power management (autosuspend) and wakeup", if
"Power management and ACPI options -> Run-time PM core functionality" is
not set.

I forgot that some time ago, leading to some errors while unmounting USB
sticks with udisks (although most of udisks works without this option
set, it just can't power down USB devices after they are unmounted).