Hi everyone,

I have googled this problem and tried everything and can't seem to
resolve the issue.

My CD drive will read data CD's, but will not play audio CD's.  I've
tried with kscd and Kaffeine.  Haven't installed amarok yet.  I've
checked and rechecked my settings in the kernel.  In /dev cdrom is a
symlink to sr0.  Nothing I've read in anything that came up in my google
search helped.

Oops!  Forgot to add this to my original message:

When I try to play an audio CD in kaffeine, I get an alert box that says:
Cannot find input plgin for MRL "cdda://"

cdda is one of my USE flags.  I have tried upgrading phonon-gstreamer
'cause I read somewhere that the problem might be with phonon.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Colleen