On 10/23/11 18:15, Neil Bothwick wrote:

>>> Is this file present in /lib/firmware?
>
>> Nope:
>
> It should be obvious that this needs to be addressed before anything
> else.
>
>> How do I get that file?
>
> Putting the filename into Google gave me those instructions in the first
> link.

OK I've got the file:

michael@carter /lib/firmware $ ls v4l-pvrusb2-73xxx-01.fw
v4l-pvrusb2-73xxx-01.fw

It's still giving me the same errors though:

michael@carter /lib/firmware $ dmesg | grep pvrusb
pvrusb2: Hardware description: WinTV HVR-1950 Model 751xx
usbcore: registered new interface driver pvrusb2
pvrusb2: V4L in-tree version:Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2 MPEG2 Encoder/Tuner
pvrusb2: Debug mask is 31 (0x1f)
pvrusb2: ***WARNING*** Device fx2 controller firmware seems to be missing.
pvrusb2: Did you install the pvrusb2 firmware files in their proper
location?
pvrusb2: request_firmware unable to locate fx2 controller file
v4l-pvrusb2-73xxx-01.fw
pvrusb2: Failure uploading firmware1
pvrusb2: Device initialization was not successful.
pvrusb2: Giving up since device microcontroller firmware appears to be
missing.