On 10/24/2011 04:31 PM, Lavender wrote:
           *  Looks  like  maybe  you  have  2  sound  cards.  Are  you  going
through
               the  correct  card  for  output?
It's not like that . I only have one sound card and one HD audio controller,

Er, if you have one sound card and one audio controller, then doesn't that make two sound cards? :-/ (One actual sound card (PCI or PCIe) and one integrated into the mainboard?)

I don't why there are card0 and card1.

           *  Did  you  go  into  alsamixer  to  verify  that  the  appropriate
 outputs
               are  unmuted?

Actually there is no alsamixer in my system

You didn't install it then.  It's in the "media-sound/alsa-utils" package.

Also, if you want to know which sound drivers you need, look up the specs of your mainboard (or post your mainboard's brand and model here.)