If I am understanding the problem, maybe what you should do is to
choose a window manager that can disable a given binding when the
focus is at a given window (blender, in this case). I think fvwm can
do this, but it takes some learning to use it with proficiency.

In any case, there will always be shortcomings to this. While you are
working at blender you will surely sometimes activate that  key combo
hoping for the blender functionality, but sometimes you will forget
you are working with it and hence you will expect that combo to take
you to another desktop. The only real solution is mind-reading, which
computer will handle someday, but not quite yet.

In the while, what I suggest you is to use saner bindings. In a pc the
mod4/win key does nothing useful, if you become accustomed to use it
for all your WM bindings there will not be conflicts with most
applications, probably. That's what I do. Learning some WMs can be
time consuming, but configuring the keybindings is usually quick
enough.
--
Jesús Guerrero Botella