On Nov 7, 2011 12:43 AM, "James Broadhead" <jamesbroadh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 November 2011 17:23, Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk>
wrote:

> >> I used to9, but I'm no longer allowed to. In the UK, anyone who
received
> >> a transfusion before 1981 is no longer able to donate, I received blood
> >> in December 1980.
> >>
> >> It's something to do with CJD/Mad Cow disease, no jokes about the wife
> >> please... she may read this and prove them right!
> >>
> > We have the same limitations here and it is about Mad Cow. (Not 'THE
> > Mad Cow' you crazy Brit!) ;-)
>
> Please change the Subject when a thread goes off-topic. My ipod no-worky
;_;

Uh, sorry about that, my bad.

I also am prohibited to donate blood, because my blood pressure never goes
higher than 110/70. The Red Cross guys had me jog around the building for
15 minutes yet the systolic number stubbornly refused to climb higher than
115.

After going to 3 separate blood drives and experiencing the exact same
incident, I give up :-(

(Besides, them blood guys said that my blood's 'not something special' so
I'm not robbing humanity of something valuable. I know they tried to
assuage my guilty feeling, but in the process also torn down my
self-respect :-(

Rgds,