On Nov 15, 2011 11:06 PM, "Paul Hartman" <paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 3:55 AM, Pandu Poluan <pa...@poluan.info> wrote:
> > I'm setting up my company's email server (Postfix), and I want to use
> > SpamAssassin to weed out the spam messages.
> >
> > Do I need to use amavisd-new? Or can I just pipe Postfix to
> > SpamAssassin directly without using amavisd-new?
>
> It should be possible, I haven't tried it myself but here is someone
> else's solution:
> http://www.miek.nl/s/151d344c47/

Thanks. I've managed to come up with another method, too, although I forgot
from where exactly. But SA's website contains a link to the threads.

That said, after reading amavisd-new's website, I got the opinion that I'll
need amavisd-new to increase the scanning performance due to... uh,
esoteric stuff.

Am I right?

Rgds,