Érico Porto wrote:
it is a 16GB class 10 Transcend, but the eeepc uses a usb card reader inside of it - no mmc I think.

Actually, the first thing I tried to do with it was to format to ext2, and then the formating proccess frozed in the middle of it.. I've tried to load it in a windows pc after but couldn't read, and when I tried to format, everything frozed - but it was a public computer, so I don't know if it ever had a working card reader.

I've booted ubuntu in the eeepc now, and the card is shown in /dev/sdc1, but I can't edit it using disk utility - it gives me error calling fsync(2), on:/dev/sdc: input/output error. But on ubuntu I don't see no dmesg error msgs like the ones I see on gentoo just by plugin it on the port.

Is there any disk error checking utility in gentoo or ubuntu?

Érico V. Porto

This may help. smartmontools I'm not sure what sort of testing can be done on those if any.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!