Hello!

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 09:07:33 -0500
Michael Mol <mike...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll venture a guess that it may have approached 9GB either with some
> short-lived files, or *would* have approached 9GB with a different USE
> flag or other configuration combination.
> Ok, then I'll narrow my guess to the size required being dependent on
> USE flag combinations.

  Yes, I thought so too, but I use the same set of USE flags for quite
a long time, and previous versions of LO really needed the stated
amount of free space. At least, more than 6 GB. And the last version
(3.4.4) not only needs about a half of the stated space, it needs
*less* space than the previous versions.
  It may mean that the newer version is *substantially* reworked
though, which is very good. :)

  Regards,
     Vladimir

-----