Hallo,

i am getting crazy with my actual Problem: When i log in (from gdm) into gnome 2.10.1 as standard user, my keyboard doesn't work. Every keypress is recognized. In xterm for example the cursor gets white if i press any key, but no chars are typed in. BUT when i log in as root, all works fine. Even in xscreensaver the keyboard works for the user, but it doesn't work in xterm, firefox, gedit, evolution, and so on...

I hope somebody has got any idea what could cause this strange behaviour. I have checked the Xorg-configuaration but hadn't found any errors. I am getting crazy about it!!

CTRL-ALT-F[1-6] for changing to the consoles also works as user AND as root. So i think it must be a problem in gnome-config, but i don't know where. I tried all config-Items but didn't find a solution. Furthermore i couldn't find help in the news-groups! :-(

Much thanks for your help & greetings from Cologne

Markus