Hi all,

Ok, this has been on my ToDo list for a while, and I'm thinking of tacking this over the holidays, since the office will be much slower than usual.

The only databases I have in use are for my mail server, which means postfix, courier-imap (soon to be dovecot 2.1 once it is released) and postfixadmin for maintaining the database.

First question - I can run both mysql and postgresql at the same time, right? I haven't found anything saying I can't, and mysql doesn't seem to 'block' installing postgresql, so I'm guessing I can.

Second question - has anyone ever converted an existing production mysql database to postgresql? If you have ever done this specifically for postfixadmin, I'd love to chat for a few minutes, but pointers to recent, accurate docs - even generically (not specifically for postfixadmin) for doing this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles