Ed Jabbour schreef:
> After a recent emerge -uDv system, which upgraded xine-lib, I cannot use xine
> to watch dvds anymore.  It cannot find /dev/hdc.  The output from running
> xine from the console is at http://rafb.net/paste/results/ac0MJP75.html.
> I've tried downgrading and re-emerging to no avail.  I'm wondering if this
> is related somehow to udev, but I don't know where to look for that.  Any
> advice appreciated.  Thanks.

Stupid question: is the device mounted when you try to run the movie in
Xine, or was it expected to/did it in the past automount somehow?

What happens if you mount the drive manually in a terminal and then
(assuming it mounts) run Xine?

I only ask since the device permissions seem correct, and I assume that
 Xine is set to the correct device (/dev/dvd, in this case, which
presumes that your reader is correct at /dev/hdc).

And if the device is correct, and the settings of the program is
correct, the only time I see such errors as those (not in Xine, but in a
file manager or the like), is when the device is not mounted (despite
media being in the drive), so the files on the media are not readable by
the program.

HTH,
Holly