Jeff Cranmer wrote:
On Sat, 2011-12-31 at 14:52 -0500, Michael Mol wrote:
On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Jeff Cranmer<j...@lotussevencars.com>  wrote:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6888730.html#6888730

Dale

:-)  :-)

Thanks for the link.
I tried changing the use flags for phonon to -gstreamer vlc, but for
some reason I'm still getting gstreamer pulled in as use flag
requirement, though it adds vlc.  Same error as before.

I'll try -makeopts="-j1", since at the moment I'm running
makeopts="-j6"

Jeff
No luck with makeopts="-j1" either.
If you add "--tree" to your emerge line, you can see what's pulling in
gstreamer. If it comes to it, running a command like:

emerge -pe --verbose --tree --with-bdeps=y @world

will give you a tree view showing the entire dependency tree on your
system. From there, you should be able to get a clue as to which
packages are pulling in packages you're having difficulty with.

doing an emerge -pDv world, I can see the following tree
kde-base/kdeedu-meta-4.7.4
   kde-base/kmplot-4.7.4
     x11-libs/qt-webkit-4.7.4
       media-libs/phonon-4.6.0-r1
         media-libs/phonon-gstreamer-4.5.1

Phonon reports a use flag of gstreamer, despite me calling -gstreamer in
make.conf.  The calling packages don't report gstreamer as a use flag.

Most likely you would have to change the USE flag in make.conf and then do a emerge -N world. Thing about all this, in a couple days or so, there will be a fix and you get to undo all this stuff. I'm just going to mask it and wait for the fix to hit the tree or the new KDE release may fix it and it should be out before to long too.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"