Colleen Beamer wrote:
On 01/01/12 14:58, Michael Mol wrote:
On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Colleen Beamer<colleen.bea...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On 01/01/12 14:41, Michael Mol wrote:
On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Colleen Beamer<colleen.bea...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Hi,

I seem to have lost the command prompt in konsole and can't figure out
how to get it back. I did google this, but didn't see anything
relevant. Any ideas?

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Colleen
echo $PS1

If it's empty, you'll want to fix it in $HOME/.bashrc.

If you're not seeing *anything* when you type, I'd suggest checking
your configured color scheme.

First, I exited out of kde by pressing Ctrl-Alt-F1.  Doing echo $PS1, I got
output.

However, just to make sure you understand, in konsole, I get no command
prompt and can't type anything.
First guess would be checking your terminal profile settings for color scheme.

I checked all the color schemes.  However, I doubt that it is that.
Konsole was working - I was trying to get a previously created database
recognized in mysql and while I was going through the documentation,
konsole was working.  Now, all I get is a black square where my command
prompt should be.

Regards,

Colleen

It sounds like you have the text color and background color set to the same thing. Basically, it's invisible. I would go to Settings at the top then Configure Current Profile. You should be able to change things under the Appearance tab.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"