On 01/06/12 11:55, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> To get things compiling I removed all signs of graphite. I'm not sure
> whether it's worth the trouble of putting it back in again. Thoughts,
> anyone?

On the one hand, it's kind of fun and educational to have something
break in a novel way so that you can figure out how to fix it.

On the other hand, those things only break when you have something
important to do.

I try to keep my laptop in good shape, and then do the unspeakable to my
desktop machine at home. If I ever need to do something urgently (fill
out a spreadsheet to apply for a scholarship) and something is broken
(libreoffice can't find libhahakissyournightgoodbye.so.1) I can always
walk into the living room and do it on the laptop.