On 12/29/2011 04:32 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

Very likely a FAQ but I can't find it right now:

wanted to try linux 3.2.0-rc7 (by emerging git-sources) ... used my old
config and it built OK.

It also boots OK but very soon it gets simply black, no console, no xdm.

I am able to ssh into it, can't find anything obvious.
framebuffer stuff?

This is my thinkpad L520, with intel graphics.

Does someone has a pointer for me?

Thanks, Stefan

I had a similar problem. I had selected the intel hardware iommu as default. This caused my X to completely stay black. Systemlog showed something about dma and drna (if i remember correctly).

try to disable intel hardware iommu, if you have it selected.