On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 10:53:48PM +0000, Mick wrote:

> > > However, as the e-news item says KDEPIM 4.7 is really borked right now.
> >
> > YEP!
> >
> > > Most people have recommended to move to T'bird, Claws, or mutt.
> >
> > Tbird ++1!
> > great, easy, universal (doz) .....

When I was still using Windows, TBird was (and still is) my client of choice.
But when I made the switch in 2005, I immediately started using KMail, because
it was a good looking and well working program and I don't like TB's dependence
on GTK in the Linux realm.

> I don't blame you!  I've emerged KDEPIM-4.7.4 on my test box and it continues
> to be broken - badly.
>
> The pop3 messages are self-duplicating and the imap4 messages inbox is always
> empty ...

And here an IMAP account first downloaded all emails from the server,
apparently changed some status header in them and thusly started to upload the
whole shebang back to the server. Even though, with <100 MB, my inbox is tiny,
I interrupted the process by logging out. Then I synced my inbox with
offlineimap (my usual way of using imap with mutt) and found many messages were
duplicates now. *facepalm*

There was not just one occasion when I thought I'd write a simple Qt-based
desktop from scratch (e.g in the likes and scope of Xfce). ^^
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.

The best thing is you buy a string
and shoot yourself where the water is deepest.