On 1/18/2012 04:27 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
<snip>
>>> Did you have a look at CodeLite  (www.codelite.org) ?
>>>
>>> If you like, I can send you an ebuild for it (but you
>>> can install it under /usr/local, as well).
<snip>
>> That looks like a very good IDE, and best of all - open source.  I
>> will take a
>> look at it.  I'm not sure if it can help with cross compiling, but it
<snip>
> At least, all of my students use it on Windows (the Windows version
> contains a MinGW environment).
>
> Helmut.

That sounds promising.  I'll get a copy for both Win 7 and Gentoo.  I had free
versions of Visual Studio from some University classwork in computer science
(from an agreement the Department had with M$), but they will not even install
on my new computer due to the 64 bit OS.

I just wish the M$ would make Windows fully open source - from what I
understand, despite its prevalence, they do not make too much money off their
operating system - most of their income derives from the XBOX and other
software (like Visual Studio, and Office).  At least, that would serve to make
Windows better and more secure.

Chris

---
Virus Database (VPS): 120118-0, 01/18/2012
Tested on: 1/18/2012 4:47:50 AM