Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 07:21:12PM -0600, Dale wrote:

I am truly surprised that Gentoo, and more GNU/Linux and *BSD sites did not
join in the 'blackout'.  The only one I saw that did was opensuse.org .
[…]
I bypassed the wiki black out.  I used adblock to disable the part that
blacks everything out.
Actually, that could have been one of their points -- it is very easy to
circumvent*.

Thanks to the blessings of NoScript, I surf with JS mostly disabled, so I
wouldn’t have seen it either.  However, it is specifically stated on the Wiki
page that tells about the blackout) -- they kept a loophole open for
“emergencies” (whatever those are).

* As far as I heard about those laws (which isn’t as much as I [cs]hould have),
   they intent to do more than the simple DNS censoring from which our European
   politicians are getting their wet dreams.

I'm like this. The internet, although it can have its bad points, has done really well without Governments, at least ours, getting their fingers in the pie. One thing I have learned is that when you want to really screw up a good thing, get the Government involved. I read a neat way of explaining this a good while back. Governments create a problem, claim they are fixing it when there is none, then spend billions trying to fix the fix that wasn't needed to begin with. I wish I had wrote down each time I saw this happen. Thing is, I don't think I can afford that much paper and I'm not sure I have enough drive space either.

Here's to hoping Governments learn they can't regulate thought or stupidity.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"