On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 20:23:18 -0600, »Q« wrote:

> Thanks for the points you've made about how removal of a flag a user
> doesn't have enabled could still affect the user.  I think I'll still
> use --changed-use routinely and also periodically run an update with
> --newuse.

That's harmless, but unnecessary. This thread demonstrates that portage
takes the safe option of "if in doubt, re-emerge" so changed-use should
always be enough. I can't remember the last time I user --newuse, but it
has been several years.

--
Neil Bothwick

Our bikinis are exciting. They are simply the tops.