On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Philip Webb <purs...@ca.inter.net> wrote:
> During my usual Saturday system update, I noticed LibreOffice 3.5.0.1
> is now "testing", while there's an upgrade of LO 3.4 in "stable".
> I tried 3.5.0.0 when it was briefly released a few weeks ago,
> but PDF export was not working.  Has anyone used it with LO 3.5.0.1 ?

It works for me. I choose "export as PDF", give it a name, click save,
a PDF is born.

> Also, I compiled LO 3.4.3.2-r1 with USE="pdfimport",
> but it refuses actually to import a PDF when presented with one.
> Does anyone know if/how it is possible to get that to work as well ?

I just open a PDF in LO and it opens like any other supported file.

I wonder if you start lowriter from terminal if there will be any
useful messages output when you try to read/write a PDF.

Here are my USE flags in case it is of any help:

app-office/libreoffice-3.5.0.1  USE="binfilter branding dbus graphite
gstreamer gtk java jemalloc kde mysql nsplugin opengl pdfimport svg
vba webdav xmlsec (-aqua) -debug -eds -gnome -gtk3 -odk -postgres
-test" 0 kB