120122 Dale wrote:
> Philip Webb wrote:
>> Besides having rescue instances of system pkgs in  /usr/portage/packages ,
>> I also try to remember to keep a quickpkg of LibreOffice there too.
>> Creating these files is easy, but is there an approved way of managing them,
>> esp of deleting obsolete versions, beyond a simple 'rm' ?
>> I notice there's a log file 'Packages' in the dir,
>> which suggests there sb some method of removing unwanted ones.
> 'man eclean'.  The exact thing you want is 'eclean-pkg',
> but this can also manage your distfiles too.

Thanks lots ! -- I knew re 'eclean' for distfiles,
but didn't realise it cb used to clean out obsolete rescue pkgs too.
As always, it's best to use the  -p  flag before doing the real job.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca