Dale:

>I got a friend that wants me to put Linux on his rig.  It has a floppy
>drive and he does use it for files he has on floppies.  I haven't used a
>floppy in a long time.  How good is support nowadays?

hafi@i5_64 ~ $ mount /mnt/floppy/
mount: block device /dev/fd0 is write-protected, mounting read-only

Works good as always. Sometimes i look on old treasures. For 5.25" i
must use my old machine, because my new one vhas only a 3.5" drive.

>I will be putting KDE on it.  Does it sort of automount or anything?

I do not use automount. Or KDE. Or Gnome. Or XFCE... ;)

>Does it function anything like a CD/DVD?

I am mounting a CD/DVD manually too. :-D

Hartmut
--
Usenet-ABC-Wiki http://www.usenet-abc.de/wiki/
Von Usern fuer User  :-)