120130 YoYo Siska wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 07:51:45AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 7:08 AM, Philip Webb <purs...@ca.inter.net> wrote:
>>> When an URL appears in a console, it is usually possible to R-click,
>>> then choose 'open link' & a browser(-tab) opens for that link.
>>> With KDE's Konsole, it opens Konqueror, which I don't usually have running.
>>> However, since around KDE 4.7.1 & continuing in 4.8.0 ,
>>> the version of Konqueror which opens is the file browser,
>> I'm running 99.99% stable here so takes that for what it is.
>> Here, with Firefox open I run in konsole
>> and then right click on the ardour.org link and choose Open Link.
>> I get the Ardour web site in the running version of Firefox.
>> With Firefox not running KDE/konsole still opens Firefox.

That's what happens for me with Terminal, but not with Konsole.

> Konsole should open the default browser set in KDE.
> You can check that in systemsettings -> Workspace Appearance and Behavior
> -> Default Applications -> Web Browser

There's no 'Default Applications' in my 'systemsettings'.
That mb because I don't have the whole of KDE installed,
as I use Fluxbox as my desktop/window manager.
The 'Default Applications' setting sb stored somewhere: any idea where ?

Anyone else have ideas ?

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca