On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 05:02, Joerg Schilling
<joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Andrey Moshbear <andrey....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If there a way to force mkisofs to add padding after sector N so that
>> the resultin image can be burned as a double layer with no files that
>> reside partially on one and partially on the other layer?
>
> Did you read the mkisofs man page?

I did. The closest thing that was available was -dvd-video, but it
pads all files, not just ones around a layerbreak.
-pad only pads the end of the image.

> Why do you believe there is a problem?

Cdrecord burns DVD+-R DL in PTP mode, so it's going to be inefficient
in terms of I/O if there's a file that's halfway on
one layer and halfway on the other. Were there padding or a dummy
file, this would not be an issue.

Hence, the asking about introducing padding around a layerbreak area.