David Relson wrote:

>> My earliest "new and shiny" then would be a honkin' big desktop
>> horizontal all-steel box, with a "Turbo" switch that toggles a
>> front-panel (7-segment LED)  display between "4.77" and "8.00"
>>
>> And of floppies that really *are* floppy (5.25")...
>>
>> And of copy-protected diskettes and CopyIIpc and CopyWrite...
>>
>> As you can see, I have a severely traumatic childhood...
>>
>> Rgds,
>
> You mean those small floppies?  Remember the big 8 inchers?
>
> In the early days, putting a computer together took more than a screw
> driver.  Remember soldering irons and PC board kits with discrete
> components?  I do believe I still have an S-100 bus machine in my attic.
>
> Regards,
>
> David

I still have my breedboard.  You know, the thing you run the traces with
wires with.  Heck, I got a couple small ones that still have circuits on
them.  One is a temp circuit that turns a fan on when it gets above a
certain temp.

I think my pump controller is still out there too.  We used to have well
water out here.  It was nasty so we had a HUGE filter.  I'm talking
truck size filter.  It held about 2,000 gallons of water if you take out
for the filter media.

Dang, that has been a while back there.

Dale

:-)  :-)