In <4f2d88bd.8010...@persimplex.net> r...@persimplex.net (victor romanchuk)
writes:

>Konstantinos Agouros wrote, at 02/03/2012 09:01 PM:
>> When I boot gentoo-sources 3.2.1 Dom0 boots, and DomUs would
>> boot if they had no virtual block or network devices. Both backend
>> device options are in the Dom0 kernel. Anybody has a hint on how to
>> debug this?

>most likely this is due to dom0 misconfiguration. should be something like that
>(xen part):

>$ grep '^CONFIG.*XEN.*' /usr/src/linux-3.2.1-gentoo-r2/_dom0/.config
>CONFIG_XEN=y
>CONFIG_XEN_DOM0=y
>CONFIG_XEN_PRIVILEGED_GUEST=y
>CONFIG_XEN_PVHVM=y
>CONFIG_XEN_MAX_DOMAIN_MEMORY=128
>CONFIG_XEN_SAVE_RESTORE=y
>CONFIG_PCI_XEN=y
>CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_FRONTEND=m
>CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_BACKEND=m
>CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND=m
>CONFIG_XEN_BALLOON=y
>CONFIG_XEN_DEV_EVTCHN=y
>CONFIG_XEN_BACKEND=y
>CONFIG_XENFS=y
>CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_XENFS=y
>CONFIG_XEN_SYS_HYPERVISOR=y
>CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND=m
>CONFIG_XEN_GNTDEV=m
>CONFIG_XEN_GRANT_DEV_ALLOC=m
>CONFIG_SWIOTLB_XEN=y
>CONFIG_XEN_TMEM=y
>CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND=m

>running dom0 must have these modules loaded (compiled as modules in my config):

>$ lsmod|grep xen
>xen_netback            20821  0 [permanent]
>xen_blkback            16116  0 [permanent]
I have them either as modules or fixed in the kernel yes.
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_BACKEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_BACKEND=m

and I checked that they are loaded. The real strange thing is, that I have
an identical .config (regarding the xen stuff) on a 2nd box and all is
fine. So I need to debug the hotplug scripts somehow to see what is
going wrong. I tried to pass pci hardware (network intercaces) to the
guest under 3.2 _this_ is working.

Konstantin

--
Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elw...@agouros.de
Altersheimerstr. 1, 81545 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185