On Monday 06 Feb 2012 05:47:53 Walter Dnes wrote:
>   Heads up... the network ethernet device drivers aettings are laid out
> differently in 3.2.1, and "make oldconfig" misses a few items.  The new
> layout route goes like so...
>
> Device Drivers  --->
> [*] Network device support  --->
> [*]   Ethernet driver support  --->
>
>   This brings you to a menu by manufacturer.  The drivers are no longer
> divided by speed.  "make oldconfig" misses a few items.  I ended up
> writing down my settings in 3.0.6 and manually adding them to 3.2.1 when
> running "make oldconfig".

Hmm ... I'm almost sure I *only* used oldconfig from 3.0.6 to 3.2.1-gentoo-r2
and didn't have such a problem.  I remember noticing that the tree of options
changed and afterwards went into make menuconfig to see if anything was missed
out, but I did not make any changes there (AFAIR).
--
Regards,
Mick