On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Allan Gottlieb <gottl...@nyu.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15 2012, Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Paul Hartman
>> <paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Are the collisions with owned files, or just files that it doesn't
>>> know about? i use protect-owned so it will overwrite any unknown
>>> files, but abort on files owned by another known installed package. If
>>> portage does not report them as owned by another package I think it's
>>> usually safe to override (unless you have been installing things
>>> outside of portage).
>>>

>> It may be related to all the OpenCL stuff that was just included in
>> this last set of nvidia-driver packages. Possibly the ebuild hasn't
>> handled the new stuff correctly?
>>
>> - Mark
>
> Perhaps.  All the files are links to files with OpenCL in the path.
>
> But I am still unsure what to do.
> I mentioned a three step procedure above.
> Perhaps best is to do nothing and hope -r2 will come along and
> install cleanly.
> Toward that end should I file a bug at bugs.gentoo.org?
>
> allan

I'm emerging the package here to investigate whether it's a global
issue or maybe just one you are seeing. I'll get back to you on that.

I think if it was me (and it may be in 10 minutes...) then I'd drop
into the console, emerge -C nvidia-drivers, probably run
revdep-rebuild or something to look for files that aren't owned,
remove them by hand, and then emerge nvidia-drivers back in.

- Mark