meino.cra...@gmx.de writes:

> meino.cra...@gmx.de <meino.cra...@gmx.de> [12-02-18 14:40]:
> > Alex Schuster <wo...@wonkology.org> [12-02-18 14:12]:

> > > QTDIR ist for Qt3 only, AFAIK Qt4 does not use it at all.

> > When trying to compile media-sound/museseq it complains that QTDIR is
> > not set and breaks...

> Right after reinstalling Qt-4.7 (core) and QtGui
> emerging museseq it fails with
>

>         ***************** WARNING *****************
>
>     YOU HAVE NOT SET YOUR 'QTDIR' ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE!!!
>
>     This is the source of most people's problems when
>     configuring muse.  If the configuration fails to find
>     qt, try setting your QTDIR environment variable to
>     the directory where qt is installed.
>
>         *******************************************

This variable was necessary for Qt3, because that was often installed in
unusual locations like /usr/qt/3. Qt4 uses the normal hierarchy, with
stuff being installed in /usr/bn, /usr/lib, and so on. So this variable
should not be needed any more.

>     checking for QT includes (/usr/include/qt)... no
>     checking for QT libraries ()... no
>     checking for QT moc (moc)... no
>     checking for QT uic (uic)... no
>     configure: error: need qt >= 3.2.0
>

> Something is very very rotten here...but I dont not what...
>
> Any help in sight at the horizon ... ?

My guess would be that musesq uses Qt3 only, not Qt4.

Someone has the same problem here [*], and someone else came up with a
new ebuild for musesq-2.0_beta2. If that's newer than yours, give that a
try.

[*] http://www.mail-archive.com/proaudio@lists.tuxfamily.org/msg04168.html

        Wonko