On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 06:57:08PM +0200, Kfir Lavi wrote
>
> > No, it is all the videos that are 720p x264.
>
>   Is this a recently installed Gentoo?  I had a similar problem trying
> to play 1080i TV and also with NHL Gamecenter Live.  A fresh install
> will have almost all binaries using generic lowest-common-denominator
> 32 or 64 bit code, so that it will work on every machine with the target
> CPU.  Once I did "emerge system" + "emerge world" + rebuilt kernel and
> rebooted, it ran fine (for a 4+ year old Dell).  Now it can handle at
> least the minimum speed for NHL Gamecenter Live, and play 1080i from the TV
> tuner.  For CPU flags I use...
> CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -mfpmath=sse -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe"
> CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
>
>  If that isn't your problem, can we see output from the 2 commands...
>
> cat /proc/cpuinfo (1 core is enough, thanks)
>
> head /proc/meminfo (does Memtotal: match what your BIOS shows on bootup?)
>
> --
> Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>
>
> I did a compilation from the start. 3 times @system and 1 time @world.
I have used -march=native -mfpmath=sse and now movies do play well.
I'm still not sure why I had this problem.
I did use mmx and sse use flags, but did removed them.
Is it possible that my gcc didn't created good efficient binary before I
used recompiled world?
I really don't think so.
I didn't use -march=native, but did find what my gcc find as native
documented here:
http://gentoo-what-did-you-say.blogspot.com/2011/07/finding-cpu-flags-using-gcc.html

Regards,
Kfir