Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> [12-02-19 19:56]:
> [...]
> > the dependencies shown by revdep rebuild.
> >
> > With eselect python I set it to python 2.7.
> >
> > I rebuild hydrogen, which wasn't confused by linux3 setting from out
> > space (plan9, I think).
> >
> > Blender now builds and runs. The trick was, that the system wide
> > python 3.2 (which blender needs) uses lib64 while the previously
> > under /usr/local installed one uses lib as the directory where its
> > own python code is store.
> >
> > I build blender by myself. The pure vanilla code, freshly taken from
> > the developpers svn repository. No patch, no tweak. The real thing :)
> > ;)))
> >
> > Unfortunately blender spit out messages, that it is built against
> > libpng-1.2.27 ... and the whole systems only contains libpng-1.5*.
> >
> > Currently I have no clue, what the reasons fro this is. Unfortunately
> > the CUDE renderer fails to do its job. I can start blender...but not
> > really much more.
> >
> > This was a day in deep hack mode. Strace was my friend...as so often.
> >
> > Will see how I can fix the rest of the problems.
> >
> > The main problem of builing hydrogen was the python under /usr/local
> > I think...
> >
> > Will see what hick up next ....
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Meino
>
> Meino,
>    Based on this thread's setup of python I had no trouble building
> the stable version of blender offered in portage. I don't know how to
> use blender but I had no trouble starting the app and getting the GUI
> up.
>
>    If you are not able to duplicate this then I would like to know.
> Are you using the stable version or something newer? If newer have you
> tried the stable version? If you can build the stable version then you
> have a basis to file bug reports on anything newer that doesn't work.
> If you cannot build the stable version then we need to determine why
> on my audio application laptop where I'm running Jack+ Rosegarden +
> qjackctl + hydrogen + etc., and now blender, you would be having
> trouble on a smilar machine.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark
>
> slinky ~ # emerge -DuN blender
> Calculating dependencies... done!
>
>  * Messages for package media-gfx/blender-2.49b-r2:
>
>  * blender uses python integration.  As such, may have some
>  * inherit risks with running unknown python scripting.
>  *
>  * CVE-2008-1103-1.patch has been removed as it interferes
>  * with autosave undo features. Up stream blender coders
>  * have not addressed the CVE issue as the status is still
>  * a CANDIDATE and not CONFIRMED.
>  *
>  * It is recommended to change your blender temp directory
>  * from /tmp to ~tmp or another tmp file under your home
>  * directory. This can be done by starting blender, then
>  * dragging the main menu down do display all paths.

>  * GNU info directory index is up-to-date.

Hi Mark,

thank you very much for all your helping and installing
applications!!!

As I wrote:

    I build blender by myself. The pure vanilla code, freshly taken from
    the developpers svn repository. No patch, no tweak. The real thing :)

I am using the developpers source code tree, which is 2.62. Blender
2.49 is a very old version of blender...

I can start blender (build successful), but currently it does not find
the GPU of my graphic card on which blender should render. This seems
to be a bug in the nvidia driver...I have posted an according message
to the german blender mailinglist "blendpolis".

Since blender 2.62 is very much different from blender 2.49 (2.49
cannot render on the GPU of a graphic card and has no physically
correct render engine like blender 2.62) results from building/using
blender 2.49 cannot be used to analyze bugs with blender 2.62.
Furthermore they both use different versions of python.

Will see what finally is the bug...

Thank you for your help and testing, Mark!

Cheers
Meino