On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:44:36AM +0000, Mick wrote

> I've only got something like 625M RAM and around 4G disk space (for
> var/portage).  I used 750M from that 4G for adding swap.  Eventually FF
> compiled fine.
>
> The irony is that older boxen which would benefit most from building from
> source are constrained in resources to achieve this and have to resort to
> installing bin packages.

  An external USB drive, with appropriate changes in /etc/make.conf,
plus an overnight build run might be the answer.

  Also, I'm trying www-client/midori as a browser.  It's based on
webkit, like most Android browsers.  Still a bit rough around the edges.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>