Grant wrote:
>>> I need to test a kernel config change on a remote system.  Is there a
>>> safe way to do this?  The fallback thing in grub has never worked for
>>> me.  When does that ever work?
>>

>> You can press ESC in the Grub screen and it will take you to text-only mode.
>>  There, you select an entry, press "e" and edit it.  Press ENTER when you're
>> finished, and then press "b" to boot your modified entry.
>>
>> That way, you can boot whatever kernel you want if the current one doesn't
>> work.
>
> I can't do that remotely though.  I'm probably asking for something
> that doesn't exist.
>
> - Grant

There is a couple people on here that handle remote machines.  I'd be
shocked if there isn't a way to do this.  Just give them a bit to see
the thread.  I vaguely recall someone mentioning this but since my
remote machine is about 20 feet away, I didn't make notes.

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint: