Willie WY Wong wrote:
> On Thursday night, I emerged some packages

<< SNIP >>
> Can someone help me figure out how to find the offending initscript that is
> needlessly calling dhcpcd?
>
> Cheers,

This may not be it but worth taking a look at.  /etc/rc.conf  From that
file:

# rc_hotplug is a list of services that we allow to be hotplugged.
# By default we do not allow hotplugging.
# A hotplugged service is one started by a dynamic dev manager when a
matching
# hardware device is found.
# This service is intrinsically included in the boot runlevel.
# To disable services, prefix with a !
# Example - rc_hotplug="net.wlan !net.*"
# This allows net.wlan and any service not matching net.* to be plugged.
# Example - rc_hotplug="*"
# This allows all services to be hotplugged
#rc_hotplug="*"

I think that should be off by default but maybe try disabling them all
manually just in case.

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!